A Culinary School in Uzès
Cook’n with Class Uzès is a culinary school specialising in day classes of Provencal and Mediterranean cuisine. It is the sister culinary school to Cook’n with Class Paris.
Chef Eric Fraudeau has 30 years experience working as a chef all over the world. He returned to the south of France with his wife Yetunde for the sun and delicious food. In these English culinary courses you’ll learn things such as fish preparation, shopping at the market, as well as learning how to make provencal desserts. You can also ask Eric if he’ll create a personalised menu if there’s a specific dish/technique you’d like to learn.
The menu from the Provencal Desserts class I attended. Molten chocolate cake with ginger, apple and raisin crumble, Catalan cream, pear and honey clafoutis and orange cake. Yum! Afterwards, we sat down to taste all our delicious cakes and took the rest home. What I managed to bring back didn’t last for 30 minutes when my sweet-tooth man got home.
The classes are have a fun, relaxed atmosphere…Despite the fact that I look stressed here! Here is me attempting to toss the hot pears in honey à la style you see above of Eric. I’m still working on showing those pears who’s boss… Thing is, I’m apparently a messy cook so I’m not sure if I should attempt this at home…
A Culinary Holiday in Uzès
This year, Cook’n with Class is offering cooking holiday packages that focus on provencal cuisine as well as visiting local producers and historical monuments. This is a perfect holiday if you’d like to discover the region just west of Provence, le Gard in Occitanie. The trip is a 5-Day, 7-nights, hands-on culinary vacation. Perfect for food and wine lovers!
Chef Eric writes:
“My passion is French cuisine and I want you to live that passion with us. We will taste, visit producers as well as historical monuments (including UNESCO world heritage sites; we’ll take in the many delightful fragrances of & bask in all that the south of France has to offer in gastronomical fare.”
The group is a max of only 6 people, so that you can learn the most amount possible from the cooking lessons, as well as profit from visiting vineyards, olive mills, and learning about French cheeses and wines with the resident sommelier, Frédéric Duverger.
The accommodation is a charming villa, where you’ll be able to bask in the sunshine of southern France.
Here is exactly what the trip includes:
- 7 night accommodations in a private luxury residence in the Pays d’Uzès
- Breakfasts each morning
- Welcome Cocktail dinner
- Transportation to and from the guesthouse & school and for all organized excursions
- French market & local producer tours
- Dinner at a gastronomic restaurant selected by our chef
- Hands-on French cooking experience including, bread-making, breakfast pastries, soups, salads, stews, Provencal dishes, French desserts
- Cheese & wine tastings
- Guided excursions in the Gard Provencal
- Wonderful recipes to recreate at home
- 7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 3 dinners, unlimited tastings
- Musical evening with invited guests
- Small group sizes (maximum of 6 students), with up to 2 guests per session
- All cooking levels welcome
- Learn from an experienced French chef in English in a convivial and friendly atmosphere
- Price: Single-occupancy 2950€/person (2450€/person double occupancy)*
Be quick! These are the trips that are not yet sold out. Also, if you head onto their site, you’ll find a special promotion…
May 5-12 (4 SPOTS LEFT)
June 2-9 (4 SPOTS LEFT)
June 9-16 (2 SPOTS LEFT)
Jun 30- July 7 (4 SPOTS LEFT)
September 8-15 (1 SPOTS LEFT)
Find out more on the Cook’n with Class Uzès website.